On behalf of Anam Cara, I hope this email finds you and your family safe and well. In light of the new restrictions and with our focus on supporting bereaved parents and their families through these difficult times, we wanted to reach out to you to reassure you Anam Cara is here and doing everything we can.
We want bereaved parents to know there are resources, support, information and a place for them to connect safely and comfortably with other bereaved parents who understand the intense grief and devastation that follows the death of a child of any age and through any circumstance.
Back in March when the country was locked down for the first time Anam Cara worked tirelessly to develop and launch our online services to ensure bereaved parents had the support they needed.
Many of these parents have told us how isolated they feel, even when they had family and friends around them. So we can only imagine how difficult it is when now they have restricted numbers of 25 at funerals and no physical contact from their natural support network.
At this time of year, the dark cold evenings and Christmas coming up, on its own is a very tough time for bereaved families and now they have to cope with the pandemic restrictions.
Anam Cara’s online support services continue to grow month on month. With this in mind we wanted to recap on services that you may want to recommend to a bereaved parents you are in contact with:
· Our Information Pack containing 8 booklets written by bereaved parents. This booklet includes information for bereaved mothers, fathers, coping with sudden death, self-care, miles stones and challenges.
· Our online support evenings for bereaved parents are facilitated by our professional facilitators and are accessible from all over Ireland. · Our websites www.anamcara.ie or www.anamcarani.co.uk have a number of resources available for including a set of videos made by bereaved parents for bereaved parents
· Also on the Anam Cara Website Parents can access a virtual Bereavement Information talk by Brid Carroll, a bereavement specialist and chairperson of the Irish Child Bereavement Network
· On 19th November we will be hosting a Zoom Webinar Bereavement Support Evening for recently bereaved parents in partnership with other bereavement support organisations.
· For those parents who are not comfortable or cannot get online. We can provide 1-2-1 support calls with one of our professional facilitators · Anam Cara is now also able to provide online groups specifically for Parents who are living with no surviving children. There is also a leaflet in the Anam Cara Information Pack and a dedicated webpage for these parents. We hope you will let any bereaved parents you are in contact with know about the information, resources and support they can access through Anam Cara.
Take Care and keep safe and well Kindest Regards Leanne
Contact Number: RoI Office 00 353 1 4045378/085 2888 888