Registration now open for new Community Centre Investment Fund
- All interested applicants must register online prior to application
- Information sessions to be held on 18th May & 1st June 2022
The Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, has announced registration is now open for a new €15 million capital fund for the upgrade and refurbishment of Community Centres.
All interested applicants must register online atgov.ie/CommunityCentresFund
Registration for the fund must be completed prior to submitting a formal application.The formal application process will open on Tuesday 7th June and closes on Thursday 14thJuly 2022.
Information session for applicants
The Minister also announced that her Department will host online information sessions on: Wednesday 18th May 2:30 – 4pmand Wednesday 1st June 2:30 – 4pm.
These information sessions will provide guidance on the application process.
Applicants can also register to attend an information session at gov.ie/CommunityCentresFund
“It’s vitally important for local groups and organisations to:
- Complete the online registration process
2)Attend the information sessions and learn about the application process and criteria before submitting their formal application.
“Completing these 2 important steps will help to ensure your organisation is well placed to submit a strong application to this Fund”
- The Community Centre Investment Fund will provide grants for larger projects, over €10,000 up to a maximum contribution of €300,000 towards capital costs.
- Category 1: Small scale projects/improvements to facilities €10,000 – €25,000.
- Category 2: Larger scale projects €25,001 to €100,000.
- Category 3: Major projects €100,001 to €300,000.
- Applications under Category 2 and 3 must include a minimum contribution of 5% of the total project costs from the applicants own funds.
- Funding is available for capital works such as:
- works to improve communal facilities such as kitchen and toilet facilities
- energy retrofitting, new windows / doors / heating systems
- upgrades to lighting systems and stage areas
- works to address safety concerns, including as a result of fire safety audits
- works to improve disability access
- improvements to assist in providing additional or better services to the community such as Meals for the elderly and youth facilities
- works to develop Community Centres as Social Hubs through the development of Community Cinemas, Youth Hubs and Community Libraries
- essential maintenance works, repairs to roof, and so on
There will be a two-stage application process with applicants asked to register their organisation in advance of the formal application process going live.
- Registration is now open and will remain open for duration of the application process, applicants must register as ‘users’ on the portal. The application process will open on Tuesday 7 June 2022.
- The closing date for applications is Thursday 14 July 2022.
- The department will be hosting online information events on the 18th May and 1st June 2022 to provide guidance in relation to the application process and details.
- Fund guidelines and a sample application form are available to view at www.gov.ie/drcd