The changes to the public health guidelines that came into place today 5 May are:
- people can go up to 5 kilometres from their home to exercise
- those who are cocooningcan leave their homes for exercise as long as they avoid all contact with other people
Roadmap for Reopening
Two additional documents
- Overview of Reopening phases – Commencing on 18th May 2020
- Roadmap for Reopening Society & Business can be found here;
Access to Technology for older people
- The Age Action Getting Started KIT materialssupports older people to learn, use, and be confident using smartphones and applications so they can keep in touch with their loved ones during the Covid-19 pandemic. The material can be downloaded here or older people can call 01 8730372 leave their name and address and Age Action will post the How to Guides within 10 days. Circulated to you earlier
- COVID-19 Tech (01-9633288) Volunteer tech helpline for older people cocooning in Ireland.
- Vodafone have launched a new Tech Advice/Smart Phone support line for older people. (01) 8731166, open Mon- fri 9am to 6pm
COVID-19 Community Response
- Some Public Participation Network (PPN’s) have insurance policy in place with BHP Insurance for temporary response groups. Contact your local PPN for more info
- Alzheimer National Helpline has a free Dementia Nurse and Dementia Adviser call-back service to deal with increased need during COVID-19 crisis. Open Monday to Friday 10am–5pm and Saturday 10am–4pmon 1800 341 341.
- Age & Opportunity have plenty of resources to support older people during the pandemic. (Call (0)1 805 7709 for more info)
- #InThisTogetherTogether National Initiatives: local authorities are developing, supporting and expanding wellbeing initiatives during COVID 19.
- Fitness 15: daily 15 minutes of exercise on RTÉ One at 2.20pm Monday to Friday